12 Ways to Navigate Technology
How savvy are you when it comes to technology? Here are 12 simple keyboard shortcuts that will not only save you time, but will give you mad keyboarding skills comparable to that millennial in your life.
12 Simple Technology Keyboard Shortcuts
- Copy – (Ctl + C)
- Cut – (Ctl + X)
- Paste – (Ctl + V)
- Find – (Ctl + F)
- Save – (Ctl + S)
- Undo – This will work on many applications, not just windows.
- (Ctl + Z)
- Spelling/Grammar Check – No more excuses – perfect spelling and grammar with just one click.
- (F7) – PC or MAC
- Change Zoom Level – For those of us who refuse to wear our glasses
- (Ctl + Scroll mouse wheel) – PC
- (Apple Key + (+/-) sign) – MAC
- Show Desktop – If you have multiple windows open and need to quickly access your desktop.
- (Windows Key + D) – PC
- (F11) – MAC
- Close Browser – For those times when your better half walks in the room while purchasing them a gift.
- (Alt + F4) – PC
- (Apple Key + Q) – MAC
- Add a Bookmark – Create a shortcut to your favorite website with this quick trick.
- (Ctl + D) – PC
- (Apple Key + D) – MAC
- Add “http:www” and .com to your browser address bar – The quickest route to your online destination? Just type the name of the webpage you’d like to go to (for example, type “Amazon”), then press the following keys to add the “http.www” to the beginning and “.com” to the end.
- (Ctl + Enter) – PC
- (Apple Key + Enter) – MAC
Hopefully this will give you a few good shortcuts to increase your efficiency while navigating technology in your office.
Eric is the owner and CEO of Protek Support and is a CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional). He graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelors of Science degree in Business with an emphasis in Information Technology (IT). He is an IT Services expert in a variety of technology related fields. Some of these fields include document management software/hardware, enterprise level networking and VoIP phone systems, as well as large scale software implementation projects and the setup of small business networks.