Top 5 Security Threats
Top Security Threats to your organization:
- Malware – as computer and operating system security increases, so will cyber criminals techniques as they attempt to bypass these defenses.
- Dishonest and/or Disgruntled employees – Nobody wants to believe that an employee would intentionally take advantage of their data, unfortunately, these numbers are on the rise.
- Attacks on SMB’s – Small businesses tend to believe that they have nothing an attacker would want to steal. However, it is this mindset that makes them such an easy target
- Mobile Threats – Attackers are turning their attention to launching mobile banking attacks and consumers are seeing attacks migrate from the computer to the smartphone.
- Accidental Error and Omissions – Computers are better and more reliable than people for many transactions. That being said, humans are the weakest link. We often make mistakes, especially when we are not savvy about computer security. You would be surprised at hour easily an outsider can find common, easy mistakes by humans.
These security threats are especially prevalent in systems with sloppy design, implementation, and operational procedures. These top security threats cannot be completely eliminated, however they can be significantly minimized with a properly implemented IT infrastructure and an effective internal security control system.
Eric is the owner and CEO of Protek Support and is a CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional). He graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelors of Science degree in Business with an emphasis in Information Technology (IT). He is an IT Services expert in a variety of technology related fields. Some of these fields include document management software/hardware, enterprise level networking and VoIP phone systems, as well as large scale software implementation projects and the setup of small business networks.